Sunday, December 1, 2013

Why I Suspect I Might be a Superhero and Other Stuff About Me

Why I suspect I might be a superhero:
  • I like to help people
  • I have a weakness- mechanically separated chicken. It makes me physically ill, squiggly, and useless.
  • I'm ultra-powerful
  • I'm nice to look at (superhero chicks pretty much have to be good looking)
  • And, perhaps most compellingly-
I HAVE A FUCKING CAPE!
 
 
Now- other stuff about me.
 
As some of you may know, it is common knowledge that I have healthy self-esteem. Now, I will admit, this is not a 24/7 thing. I have my moments of feeling absolutely shitty about myself, but for the most part, I feel pretty damned good about being me. I think I'm generally awesome. I get asked about it all the time. People seem to always want to know how it is that I feel so great about myself. Don't worry, I'll feed you, baby birds!
 
Do I think I'm perfect? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Not even close. But I'm good with that. Have you ever met someone who tries to be perfect? They are SO. FUCKING. ANNOYING. They're awful. They're  boring!
 
I have a lot of flaws. And I'm okay with that. They keep me interesting. And working on them gives me a sense of purpose. Eventually I get rid of them, and they are replaced with new flaws. My work is never done. I think that embracing your flaws is a beautiful thing! I don't let them consume me, because I know that I am working on them.
 
I know my strengths, and my capabilities. I'm not afraid to fail, because I know that I will learn from my failures. And I know that next time, I will do better. Sometimes I fuck up repeatedly, but again- for every time I fuck up, I know that I'm a little bit closer to not fucking up next time.
 
Am I the best looking chick that ever lived? Nope. But I'm not bad. I'm pretty, and I have curves, and I work it dammit. I work it!
 
I have no coordination, but I have a sense of humor about it. That counts for something. As many of you know, one of my most used phrases is "shit, there's a wall/desk/table/whatever there..."
 
I guess the central theme here is that I know I am far from perfect, and I am happy with it. I strive for self-improvement, and I have no desire to be anything other than what I am.

I don't have total peace, but most of the time, I'm pretty freakin' happy with myself and my life.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment