Thursday, November 5, 2015

That Other Time I Time-Traveled

Time Travel seems to be a theme for me lately.

So, to begin - I currently telecommute 4 days a week, which means that I technically only need to leave my house on Wednesdays. This is normally wonderous. Yesterday, not so much.

In order to arrive at my desk by my scheduled start time of 7 AM, I have to leave my house around than 6:15. So, I get in my car, and the clock reads 7:18. This, for whatever reason (rampant stupidity/coffee shortage), totally registers, but bothers me not at all. However, about 40 seconds (give or take 3 minutes) after pulling out of the garage, when my clock suddenly reads 6:21- I straight up lose my shit. I had to pull over to gather my scattered wits. I panicked. I legitimately had the thought, "Oh fuck me, I've travelled to the past! Or is it tomorrow? What if it's been longer!"

Eventually I realized I am, in fact, a complete idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment