Tuesday, March 27, 2018

This has been a stream of consciousness rant.

I have been an absent friend. And an over-committed, yet underachieving student. I have been a fairly shitty daughter/sibling.

I forget to stay in contact with people, and I wallow in the stresses of life and school.

I make excuses, but sometimes I don't even bother with that.

I don't know why I do these things, but I suspect that at least a portion of it is because I don't excel at being an adult - I am folding under the pressure.

I left behind friends and family when I moved across the country, but I also left behind most of a life that wasn't making me happy. Is life perfect now? No, I am a pulsating lump of human-shaped stress. But, I am in a better (for me) area, I definitely have a better job, and I have someone who makes me incredibly happy to share it with me. Day-to-day life-things still suck for us, but I think they'll get better.

Today's post brought to you by the letter G.

No comments:

Post a Comment